Northern Lights Youth Development Team
The Northern Lights Youth Development Team (YDT) will be in its 2nd season for 2019-2020. The YDT is for players who would ordinarily be trying out for the 12’s age level or younger, ages 9 – 12, but new to elite club volleyball. The program will focus on learning the basic skills and fundamentals of volleyball.
A parent or guardian must accompany the player at the tryout.
- Register for tryouts and pay the $30 tryout fee on SignUpToPlay.
- Make sure to select “YDT” when registering for the tryout.
- YDT tryouts will take place on Sunday, October 6, 2019 at 12:00 pm.
- Tryouts include a Northern Lights t-shirt, evaluation, and possible team placement.
- We will accept as many YDT players as possible.
To access more information please visit the Tryout Registration webpage.
The season cost for YDT is $1280. A non-refundable down payment of $500 is due at tryouts on October 6. To follow, $130 per month will be invoiced for 6 months starting in December.
Uniforms and Gear
To keep costs at a minimum, there is a small gear package for the YDT teams. You will do a simple sizing post tryouts for 2 practice shirts, 1 competition shirt, 1 pair of socks, and 1 spandex You will also receive a backpack. Additional (optional) gear will be available for purchase at tryouts.
Northern Lights YDT teams will practice twice per week.
November & December: Tuesday & Thursday 4:30 – 6:00 PM
January through May: Tuesday 4:30 – 6:00 PM and Friday 4:30 – 6:00 PM or 7:30 – 9:00 PM
All practice schedules will be posted on the Northern Lights website on the 2020 Schedules page.
All Youth Development Teams will participate in several events over the course of the season.
Expected tournaments for the 12-YDT teams:
- Northern Lights Power League and/or Youth League
- January 11 or 12
- January 26
- February 8 or 9
- March 1
- March 21 or 22
- April 25 (at Minneapolis Convention Center)
- May 10
- Northern Lights 12’s Cup or Youth Cup
- March 28 and/or 29