12 – 18
$45 / 50 minute session (each session is 1-3 players at the same setting level as assigned by Aame)
Other Lesson Info:
These lessons by Aame are not the same as the traditional lessons Northern Lights puts on and the rules to attend slightly differ. Aame currently puts on a camp called the Aame Setter Academy three times a year (December, June, July). These lessons are a direct extension of this academy.
Each lesson is 50 minutes in length and are open for up to 3 players (each player will need to register and pay separately).
These lessons are password protected in the registration system and you will need to contact Aame via e-mail (email@example.com) to determine what level you should register for. He is offering three different levels:
- Fundamentals of Setting – basic setting and movement skills, best for U14 and younger
- Elements of Setting – refinement of offensive elements (i.e. location, accuracy, tempo, set variety, etc.), best for U16 and younger or high school starter
- Tactics of Setting – introduction and implementation of offensive strategy
Aame’s policy will be to start low and and advance levels as you master the skills. The Secret: Come back often, stay on the progression.
Your lesson will be recorded and available for review on Hudl.
Dennis “Aame” Amundson has coached girl’s and women’s volleyball for over 40 years. Aame was the head coach at Minnesota State Mankato for 10 years and also served as a volunteer coach at the University of Minnesota (8 years) and most recently, at the University of St. Thomas (4 years).
Aame has been a member of the Northern Lights coaching staff for years and has recently served as assistant coach for the 2020 16-1 team and as head coach for the 2019 17-1 team. Aame also heads up various setters camps for Northern Lights, most notably the Aame Setter Academy which is put on in June, July and December in most years.
- Lesson registration is on www.signuptoplay.com.
- Lesson policies are similar to traditional Northern Lights lessons. Please read all policies on the main lesson page including those involving cancellations and refunds.
- Contact Aame at “firstname.lastname@example.org” with your setting experience.
- Aame will determine your registration level and send you a password.
- Use the password to register for the correct session in “Aame Setter Lessons” on www.signuptoplay.com