The Northern Lights Stay and Play Policy has an exemption for teams which are in the local Minneapolis-St. Paul area.
The definition of “Local” is a team which is within 50 miles of the Minneapolis Convention Center.
A team’s home location will be established by one or more of the following items:
- The team’s hometown as indicated in their club or team’s name
- The address of the team’s office
- The address of the team’s club director
- The address of the team’s head coach
- The addresses of players on the team
- The primary practice location of the team
- The high school the team may be associated with
- Other publications or social media which indicates the location of the club/team
A club/team that has less than 80% of its players within the 50 mile limit is not considered a local team.
A club/team that attempts to use an address within the 50 mile limit for the purposes of claiming to be a local team will not be granted “Local” status.
Northern Lights staff will make the final determination of a teams “Local” status
If you have any questions about your team’s status under this policy, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.