Mizuno Northern Lights Qualifier Stay & Play Local Team Definition
The Northern Lights Stay & Play policy has an exemption for teams which are in the Local Minneapolis/St. Paul area.
The definition of “Local” is a team which is within 50 miles of the Minneapolis Convention Center.
A team’s home location will be established by one or more of the following items.
- The team’s home town as indicated in their club or team’s name
- The address of the team’s office.
- The address of the team’s club director.
- The address of the team’s head coach.
- The addresses of players on the team.
- The primary practice location of the team.
- The high school the team may be associated with.
- Other publications or social media which indicate the location of the club/team.
A club/team that has less than 80% of its players within the 50 mile limit is not considered a local team.
A club/team that attempts to use an address within the 50 mile limit for the purposes of claiming to be a local team, will not be granted “local” status.
Northern Lights staff will make the final determination of a team’s “local” status.
If you have a question about your team’s status under this policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org