Conditions & Terms for entry to the Northern Lights National Qualifier
1. Northern Lights National Qualifier is a private event. Absolutely NO outside commercial photographers or professional videography is permitted at any time.
2. No artificial noise makers are permitted at the event. This includes the use of “boom boxes” or speakers projecting music during team warm ups or competition.
3. The sharing of any admittance credentials or wristbands is strictly prohibited and will result in the confiscation of those credentials and expulsion of the persons involved for the remainder of the event.
4. Warning: Risk of injury from flying objects incidental to the sport of volleyball may occur at this event. Attend at your own risk. Please pay close attention to your surroundings and be on alert at all times, especially during active play.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND CONSENT FOR USE OF LIKENESS
In consideration of being admitted to the 2019 Mizuno Northern Lights Junior National Volleyball Tournament (“Event”) and allowed to participate in any way in the Event, related events and activities, I acknowledge and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this event is significant; and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my attendance or participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated terms and conditions for participation, provided if I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring the hazard to the attention of the nearest staff immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS 2018 Mizuno Northern Lights Qualifier, Northern Lights Junior Volleyball Inc., and all their officers, officials, agents and employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (RELEASEES), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- By participating in the Event, whether as a player, coach, staff member, spectator or other registrant: I agree the Event and its authorized representatives may film, videotape and photograph me, and the Event and its authorized representatives may have my name, image, picture, likeness, voice and biographical information otherwise recorded, in any media during the Event by any Event authorized representative under the conditions specified by the Event (Images).
- I grant the 2018 Mizuno Northern Lights Qualifier, Northern Lights Junior Volleyball Inc., with no financial or other compensation due to me, full right and license to use, and to authorize third parties to use, in all media, the Images for: (1) news and information purposes, (2) promotion of the specific competition(s) in which I participate as a player, coach, staff member, spectator or other registrant, (3) promotion of the Sport, and (4) promotion of the Event.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, AND CONSENT FOR USE OF LIKENESS, UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY ATTENDING THE EVENT OR PARTICIPATING IN IT, AND AGREE TO THIS RELEASE, ASSUMPTION AND CONSENT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS OF PARTICIPANT OF MINOR AGE (UNDER AGE 18 AT TIME OF PARTICIPATION):
I certify, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for the participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees, and for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liability incidents to my minor child’s involvement in or participation in this event as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
In addition to agreeing to the Waivers above, I agree to abide by the PROHIBITED ITEMS List, which includes but is not necessarily limited to:
- Weapons of any type
- Personal seats and chairs
- Personal transportation devices (hoverboard, skateboards, etc…)
- Oversized bags or luggage
- Outside food and drink
- All tobacco products (including e-cigarettes and vaping products)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Loud noise makers, including music sound systems not using headphones.
- Other items as determined by the event staff
I agree to the all the stipulations stated above as a condition of admission to the 2019 Northern Lights Event.